The Stevenson Road Covered Bridge crosses Massie Creek, which is a tributary to the Little Miami River, which is about two miles from the bridge site. Massie Creek has an average bed width of 70 feet in the vicinity of the bridge.
This covered bridge was built in 1873 with a Smith truss. The floor planking is laid lengthwise, has a tin roof, has weathered red plank siding and is 95 feet long. The Stevenson is a single span and rests on cut stone abutments with a steel pier on both creek banks to add support.
Open to local traffic, the bridge has a junk yard adjacent to one side and no parking signs posted in a grassed area on the other side. A traveler may easily park their vehicle on the side of the road. The grassy area is well maintained, allowing easy visual access to the bridge.