In 1886, The Cemetery Road Covered Bridge was built by Henry Hubbell. The bridge in it's original location was about 80 feet long. In 1886 this bridge cost $1120.00 to construct. The cemetery road covered bridge has a gray tin roof, gray weathered siding and crosswise floor planking. This bridge is an excellent example of a Howe truss.
On August 19 & 20, 1975, the Cemetery Road Covered Bridge was moved to its new location in the nature preserve at Glen Helen in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Only 75% of the bridge was moved due to the cost involved. $3,000 in fees to move the bridge and $15,000 in fees to move electrical wires, a total cost of $18,000 for the renovation.
In 1886, The Cemetery Road Covered Bridge was built by Henry Hubbell. The bridge in it's original location was about 80 feet long. In 1886 this bridge cost $1120.00 to construct. The cemetery road covered bridge has a gray tin roof, gray weathered siding and crosswise floor planking. This bridge is an excellent example of a Howe truss.
On August 19 & 20, 1975, the Cemetery Road Covered Bridge was moved to its new location in the nature preserve at Glen Helen in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Only 75% of the bridge was moved due to the cost involved. $3,000 in fees to move the bridge and $15,000 in fees to move electrical wires, a total cost of $18,000 for the renovation.
 

Click on map to go back to Covered Bridge Page